Monday, May 15, 2006

Sweet nothings!!!

Whew!!! The exams are finally over. Although I didn't do particularly well, I think I will survive. The past few weeks have been really hectic and stressful. In the interimperiod, I did manage to do some research ( thanks to my friend Vindy) and completely revamp my blog. Summer is almost here and I would be busy with my research work but thankfully no coursework for some time. This means that I should be able to indulge in more things than usual.One of them is watching more movies.
I along with some friends watched 'MI:3' a couple of days back. Thank god we didn't spend any money since we watched the pirated version. It was more like a Mithun or Rajnikant movie, only on a much grander scale. There was just excessively absurd use of technology like inserting
a time release capsule through the nasal cavity into the brain, which upon rupture after a certain time interval, would kill the poor individual. Other mouth-openers include identifying a person from behind a wall through infra-red radiation by comparing his blood profile and building a mask of a person in just 10 minutes to name a few.
Poseidon didn’t get great reviews since like most disaster movies, it was very predictable and hence I’m going to skip it. The movie that I (and a multitude of others) am waiting for is ‘The Da Vinci Code’. I read the book when it was a rage about a year ago & fell in love with it. The movie stars Tom Hanks as the symbology, or more appropriately, a semiology expert, Robert Langdon, who is summoned to the Louvre to decipher a mysterious murder incident. He is helped in his crusade by the victim’s grand-daughter Sofia, played by Audrey Tautou, of ‘Amelie’ fame. For those who don’t know about Amelie, it’s a French movie which I seriously recommend everyone to watch. It’s a satirically funny movie and Audrey as the protagonist is splendid. I will do a comparison between the book and the movie after I watch it. Till then, I will be counting the days to the movie’s release.

1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger vindy said...

HEy Pashi thats cool, u have ample room to breath now :). As of the Da Vinci code, yeah the book is a rockker man! But from the reviews I read from the Cannes festival, it seems its a total spoiler -more talk and less play types. So the censor boards across the world did not mind giving it a let go, as the whole Christ thing was potrayed in a very foolish way to believe.

But still, I dunoo thats what the critics felt. I am in your boat asof now, very eager to watch the movie. The other one I really wanna watch is "Munich", from all that I have heard- the movie seems to be a gripping one for all ~3hrs of running time :)

Amelie- yes I had the french version so could not follow a minute of it. If it really is that good, i'd try to arrange an english copy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home